Sunday, March 17, 2019

March Slice of Life Challenge Day 17:Pickle Power

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers



March Slice of Life Challenge Day 17: 
Pickle Power

"Mom, have you ever heard that eating a pickle after taking medicine gets rid of that yucky taste?"

"No. It might though. Pickles have a powerful, distinctive taste. Where did you hear that?" I replied.

"Nat told me I should eat a pickle after I take my medicine. Can I?" My daughter pleaded as I got her dose of amoxicillin ready.  

It wasn't even nine in the morning. My kid wanted to eat pickles. This wasn't the worst thing that she could eat before breakfast. 

"Sure. Try it." I handed her the plastic syringe.

Alaina shot the Pepto-Bismol colored medication into her mouth, threw the syringe into the sink, and grabbed the pickle jar from the refrigerator. 

She fished for just the right pickle with a fork and proceeds to eat a dill.

"Nat was right! I can't taste the medication anymore!" She grins.

"Whadda you know," I comment.

"Pickles make everything better!" My daughter exclaims.

9 comments:

  1. LOL! Great dialogue! This advice is quite different from Mary Poppins's, but it works. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pickles make everything better and Mt. Olives are the best! Thanks for the tip, I just might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth was watering while reading this post. I LOVE PICKLES! The funny thing is that I never heard about it taking away the taste of medicine. Thanks for the tip. My children hate the taste of medicine, but they love pickles, so I will try it. In fact, I am going to have a pickle at lunch.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I could mix pickles with medicine..but whatever works for her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Pickles make everything better.” Perfect! My favorite are okra pickles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the last line! Perfect ending!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny! It does make sense that pickles would cover the taste of medicine. I'm not a huge pickle fan, but I am a fan of this slice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to hear that it worked, but not sure I would choose 9am pickles. Glad you captured this little conversation. Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a funny conversation-Pickles make everything better!-Glad to hear that, Trina.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...