Friday, March 27, 2020

Slice of Life #20 Challenge Day 27/31: Outside Play

Slice of Life #20 Challenge Day 27/31: 
Outside Play

Perhaps one silver lining of social distancing/Covid-19 is the gift of play. Recently, I have spent a lot of time with my kids outside. My daughter loves to play frisbee. My son loves to kick around the soccer ball. As the mother of a tween and teenager, I am giddy when I get the opportunity to spend time with them, especially when it does not involve any kind of technology. 

Tonight we chased each other. 
Tonight we giggled.
Tonight we stayed outside until it was too dark to see. 

I cannot remember the last time we played so hard we got sweaty. I cannot remember the last time we spent so much time outside. I cannot remember the last time the three of us had so much fun.

All because of social distancing.  



Playing with my kids makes this mama's heart full.  



Looking to connect with a positive, supportive online community? 
Consider sharing a slice of yourlife with Two Writing Teachers
All writers are welcome! 

2 comments:

  1. I’m so happy the weather is nice enough for you to play outside. Keeping having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed at what some of my friends are reporting as their kids seem to be having so much fun at home hanging out with parents. It really makes me think hard about how we normally live our lives and how we can get more of this connection and play with our families when we aren't sheltering in place.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...