Saturday, March 13, 2021

Slice of Life #21 Challenge Day 13: Ninja-In-Training

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 

Slice of Life #21 Challenge Day 13:

Ninja-In-Training

"Want to play ninja, Trina?" Addy inquired.

"How do you play ninja?" 

"You'll LOVE it. You get to be really, really sneaky. You can hide behind trees. You can jump from rocks. As long as you are quiet." Addy's eyes were bright, her face animated as she shared what play ninja looked like. 

"Hmm...that does sound fun," I said and leaped from one rock to the next. 

Addy darted behind a building, trying to sneak up on her brother and uncle. I followed her, trying to be as quiet as possible.

"When I get big, I am gonna be a ninja. A real one," Addy whispered in my ear.

"How will you train for that?" I asked.

Seven-year-old Addy rolled her eyes and saracstially answered, "ninja school, of course." 

"But now, we practice," Addy said. She darted past the building, crouched down near a rock, and made her body flat on the muddy ground.

Addy winked at me and continued her ninja-in-training. 


4 comments:

  1. What a delightful slice! You captured the dialogue perfectly and I love the certainty of seven-year-old Addy (I have my own 26-tomorrow Addie, so maybe I'm partial!) and that final wink. Look out world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This goes sound like fun. I love these play stories. Addy is lucky to have you as a play partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addy is lucky to have you. We all need to channel our inner child and play as though we're still that: young children. I love the way you embrace these small, important moments in children's lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fun time! What a great way to enter the fun/carefree times of a child. Loved the dialogue.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...