Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Slice of Life Challenge #21 Day 17: Rummikub Win

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 

Slice of Life Challenge #21 Day 17:

Rummikub Win

In the middle of trying to write a slice for Tuesday, Alaina runs into my bedroom, flings our family's Rummikub game on my bed.

 

 "Mom, can we play a round?" 

"Yes, let me just finish typing this sentence, and I'll be right there," I close my Chromebook and head into the kitchen. Alaina already has the game set up. 

Sitting across from each other, we each select fourteen tiles and begin playing. 

Alaina is intense when it comes to Rummikub. It's an hour without Netflix or Youtube. It's an hour without texting. It's an hour of just me and my daughter. 

We talk. We laugh. We tease. 


She wins a game. I win a game. 

She breaks the tie to win for a second time and yells, "And that's how it's done!" 

She delights in beating her mother.

"Aren't you glad you taught me how to play so well?" She teases. 

Little does she know that I cherish any opportunity that I can get to spend time with her. 

 

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lovely hour with your daughter! I too enjoy playing games with my children, now in their 20's, and they beat me soundly every time. I don't mind at all; I am so happy for the time together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This slice is a warm hug. Maybe board games are the anecdote to too much technology. I love hearing “And that’s how it’s done!” Bravo, Alain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE playing games. And I LOVE that you guys take time to play games and have fun togehter- such special memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never played this game! We played Yahtzee a lot when I was growing up and I have been teaching it to my 5-year-old granddaughter, which is hilarious. Like you - I love every minute of this.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...