Monday, March 20, 2023

Slice of Life #23: Day 20/31: Longing for Spring

 For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 

Slice of Life #23: Day 20/31: 
Longing for Spring

According to our local weatherman, spring is supposed to officially arrive today at 4:24 PM. However, spring seems unimaginable. Snow is on the forecast for the next several days this week. The trees are still bare. Snow and ice cover most of the ground. As I took my morning walk, I was still dressed in my winter gear. 


Bundled with coat, scarf/
on the first day of spring, my/
spirit yearns for growth.

4 comments:

  1. It seems very late in March to still see no signs of spring, but there's really nothing here either! We had snow flurries off and on all day on Saturday. We do have some warmer days coming up, so perhaps we'll soon begin to see those signs of growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The date on the calendar is JUST that...a date...arbitrary. Some years it does snow - a lot - and other years it is milder and more like spring! What I do know is that the snow melts faster and the days are longer and the sunlight brighter when spring arrives. I wish warner days for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trina, I’ve thought about writing a post called spring break without spring. It’s so unfair. We had more snow on the ground this morning, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your haiku! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...