Saturday, December 29, 2018

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #29: Christmas Virus

I am joining Elisabeth from The Dirigible Plum in writing a Haiku-A-Day during the month of December.

         Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #29: Christmas Virus

It never seems to fail that every Christmas someone in our immediate family gets sick. This year was no exception. My daughter began with a sore throat on Christmas Eve morning - no fever, but just enough to make her feel crummy and adjust our plans a bit. As viruses often spread, I found myself with the same sore throat a few days later, at the tail end of a family gathering. 

Today's double Haiku is about having a virus over Christmas Break:

Today you'd find me
burrowed in Sherpa blankets,
Kleenix balled in hand

head elevated.
stuffy nose, vaporizer - 
yearning for healing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I hope everyone is well now. "yearning for healing" is a powerful final line!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...