Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Tuesday Slice of Life & Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #25 Mash Up: "Silent Night"

Looking to connect with a positive, supportive online community?  Consider sharing a slice of your life with Two Writing Teachers. All writers are welcome! 




I am joining Elisabeth from The Dirigible Plum in writing a Haiku-A-Day during the month of December. 



Tuesday Slice of Life and Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #25: 
"Silent Night"
Since I was a small child, one of my favorite traditions is attending Christmas Eve worship with my family. In my opinion, one of the best parts of Christmas Eve service is when our congregation sings the nineteenth century carol "Silent Night." At our church, each person - regardless of age - participates in lighting a candle (or using a glow stick, as most of the youngest children do) as we sing this two hundred-year-old carol:




Christmas Eve stillness:
"Silent Night" candlelight song.
Hope illuminates.  

7 comments:

  1. Thanks to your intro and haiku, I can picture the quiet lighting of the candles as your voices rise. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy Holidays to you as well!

      Delete
  2. So lovely - the essence of the song and the season are so well-captured in your haiku. And what a great writing challenge! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also thought about writing about how this carol was born out of chaos...and how God isn't always found in the still and quiet!

      Delete
  3. It's been a long time since I've been to a Christmas Eve service. Your slice and haiku made me wish this was still a tradition we followed. Maybe we'll try to start again!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...