Sunday, March 24, 2019

March Slice of Life Challenge Day 24: Nervcited

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers



March Slice of Life Challenge Day 24: Nervcited


"Mom, I'm nervcited," My daughter shares. We are in route to one of her dance recitals. 

"That means nervous and excited," Alaina quickly explains.

"I get it. I would be too!"

It isn't her first recital, but I know she wants to do well. Each show will include a packed auditorium full of friends, strangers, and family. A professional videographer and photographer will be there. My ten-year-old has been working since September to prepare for recital weekend, and it is here. She has three costume changes, three different routines to keep straight, and grandparents who drove nearly four hours to see her dance.

"You have been great in recitals before. You will be fantastic in this one, too. I am sure of it."

"I guess," She quietly responds.

After a few moments of quiet I add, "Nervcited a fun word. Did you make it up?"

"Me and my friends did."

"That's a super word. I like how you experiment with words and come up with such playful ones!" 

She beams as we pile out of the van, gather her garment bags, and walk toward the building. 

I am nervcited for her. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this as a way to develop vocabulary. It's something to try out with kids for sure,as it's always great to play with words! Such a cute interaction!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...