Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Slice of Life #21 Challenge Day 3: Sunrise Delight

I'm obsessed with sunrises. Although it was 16 degrees Fahrenheit and the harsh wind whipped my bare face, I was mesmorized by the vivid morning sky.  As soon as I returned from my morning walk, I wrote this haiku:

Icy wind stings skin/

Pink hues illuminate sky/

Morning walk delight. 


When I catch a sunrise, my mood brightens. No matter what I am facing for that day, I am in awe of nature's beauty, even if it is just for a few moments. 

What's something that instantly brightens your mood? 

Looking to connect with a positive, supportive online community? Consider sharing a slice of your life with Two Writing Teachers. All writers are welcome!


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sunrise. I love the way you capture these moments in haiku. Seeing bright blue skies when taking the dogs out brightens my day. We have so many gray days here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We have our share of gray days here as well. I will take sunshine whenever I can get it!

      Delete
  2. These moments of beauty remind us how amazing it is to be alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo, Trina, and a perfect way to begin your day! I really miss being able to watch the sunrises and sunsets. We had a perfect view from our old home. They were glorious! Now, we are surrounded by trees so they are both hidden. The trees are beautiful in their own right, but not as colorful. Thanks for sharing your sunrise with me today. (I'm a Wisconsin writer too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, fellow Wisconsinite!

      Thank you! I usually begin each day with a walk (unless wind chills are below zero), and I find that I bundle up faster when I realize there's a sunrise.

      I love the looking at the trees, too.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, this is GORGEOUS. I can see just a sliver of the sunrise from my windows in the morning and I do love watching them. The sunrise brightens my day each day as well.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...