Saturday, March 19, 2022

Slice of Life #22: Day 19: Ten Things I'm Trying to Get To

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 


Slice of Life #22: Day 19/31
Ten Things I'm Trying to Get To

Recently, I was inspired by Elisabeth's list of things that she is trying to get to. I decided to create a list of my own things that I want to get to this year, not in any particular order:

traveling outside Wisconsin
creating and tending a small vegetable garden
using my sewing machine again 
exploring new-to-me Wisconsin State Parks
painting the walls in my house
removing old carpeting in my living room
getting better at crochet 
catching up on writing pen pal letters
visiting my ninety-eight year young grandma
making cinnamon rolls from scratch

I tried to select items that were manageable to me, both from a cost and time perspective. 

What are you trying to get to this year?

6 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic list. My daughter goes to UW Madison, so I will be visiting your state shortly. Thank you for this post. You just gave me my inspiration for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great list connecting you to nature, people and new ideas. I have never been big on creating bucket type lists but this year, as we emerge from covid, I do have the goal of doing something new to me or going somewhere I have never been every month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I also love that your time frame is this year. I find my list is always far in the future based.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I hope you get to the cinnamon rolls soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt a tinge of guilt reading the catch up on penpal letters. 😬 I feel seen! 🤣 Do the painting. You’ll feel so good about that one. I love freshly painted walls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gardening is on my list too. I've had an herb garden ever since we moved to PA. The past couple of years, my husband has done a lot of the work with it due to my foot injury. I'm hoping to be able to do more of the work this year now that I'm better!

    Good luck with all of the items on your list. It's big, but doable!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...