Saturday, March 5, 2022

Slice of Life #22: Day 5: Morning Cat Alarm

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 

Slice of Life #22: Day 5: 
Morning Cat Alarm


Earlier in the week I awoke to my kitten, Herbert, not-so-patiently nudging me awake by rubbing his whiskers on my cheeks. Binx, another kitten, was in "loaf mode" on my chest. My third and senior cat, Emma, was perched on the pillow directly above my head, gently pawing at my hair. 

That night had been a restless sleep. I was still tired and yearned to catch a few more z's before I began my day. Yet my clowder's subtle behaviors were all too much for me to ignore. 

They gave me no choice. I had to get up.   

Of course, Emma, Binx, and Herbert were eager to eat their breakfast. How dare I be tardy for feeding my cats? 

Herbert and Binx

 
Emma

 

5 comments:

  1. Look at those kittens snuggling with each other! How I love sib cats! The expression on Emma's face is HILARIOUS. I often wake up with a whisker or a paw (or occasionally a claw) in my face--though it's usually because they want under the covers! And isn't clowder the best word?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herbert is a perfect name for a cat! I think sleeping while being an owner of cats brings so many slices!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Loaf mode" - love that, and I love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you to be a cat mom to 3 adoring kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three? You have three kittens? They are all so precious and lucky to have a stellar cat mom. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...