Monday, March 7, 2022

Slice of Life #22: Day 7: Two Years Ago Today

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 


Slice of Life #22: Day 7: 
Two Years Ago Today

Two years ago today, I met an old friend, Steve, for coffee at Ruby Roasters. Although Steve and I casually kept contact on social media, we hadn't seen each other for twenty years. We worked together in college, both of us student workers in the Information Technology Department. He was skilled in computers. I was a work study student who mostly did office work, such as making labels, sending faxes, filing papers, and answering phones. 

When I met Steve for coffee, I was newly divorced, but not necessarily looking for any kind of a relationship other than a friendship. Our coffee date changed all of that. 

Despite some physical distance between us and the pandemic, we began dating. We fell in love. Two years later, we're still going strong. 

In reflection, I played around with (mostly) three word slices:

March coffee date.
Old friends reconnect.
through conversation, laughter.

Pandemic creates barriers.
Communication via texts,
video chats, phone.

Yet...

Genuine love develops.
I trust again.
He brings joy. 

Me and Steve right before Christmas









5 comments:

  1. What a positive thing to grow in the past two years, in comparison to the virus that has grown.
    Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina, I’m so happy your relationship w/ Steve brings you joy, love, happiness. Love the poem. You deserve all good things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A coffee date that sparked it all! Sometimes those friendships are meant to turn into more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this- so happy for you and your love found when you least expected!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...