Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Haiku-A-Day December #12: Christmas Lights

I am joining Elisabeth from The Dirigible Plum in writing a Haiku-A-Day during the month of December. 


Haiku-A-Day December #12: Christmas Lights

Several few evenings ago, following a violin lesson, my daughter and I took an unplanned detour. We ended up exploring a nearby neighborhood decked out in lights. As December is the darkest month of the year - full of early sunsets - I am grateful for the joy that a simple string of Christmas tree lights brings to me and my tween daughter. 

We crave the extra light during December. 

In response, I wrote this Haiku:  

Long December nights,
diminished sunlight, but joy
strings through beams of light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...