Thursday, December 13, 2018

Haiku-A-Day December #13: Waiting



I am joining Elisabeth from The Dirigible Plum in writing a Haiku-A-Day during the month of December. 

Haiku-A-Day December #13: Waiting

If you are anything like me, you spend a lot of time waiting. Waiting in line at the grocery store. Waiting for an appointment. Waiting for dinner to be ready. Waiting for my kids to be ready to leave for school. Waiting for that website to load. Waiting in line at the school copier. Waiting for winter break. 

How do you deal with waiting? Do you have a horrible habit like I do - you immediately check your phone as soon as you realize you need to wait?

As I recently waited for a doctor's appointment, I thought how I wait. I wrote this Haiku in response:

Why do I feel so
impatient waiting? I check
my cell phone, fidget. 

Why can't I just be?
Observe surroundings? Welcome
calm? Focus on breath? 

1 comment:

  1. YES. I do the same thing. So many moments in my day frittered away checking the phone rather than doing something more enriching. Next semester, I'm going to challenge my Creative Mind students to some kind of a digital diet challenge (there are many good ones online) and I will try to join in. I find myself so often wondering the questions in the second haiku about myself.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...