Monday, December 17, 2018

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #17: I Can Only Change Me



I am joining Elisabeth from The Dirigible Plum in writing a Haiku-A-Day during the month of December. 

Haiku-A-Day Challenge #17: I Can Only Change Me

Each school day, I flip to a new page in my Book Worm Trivia. This morning, soon after I arrived at school this morning, I saw that my Saturday/Sunday page shared this quote by Rumi:

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself." 

In response, I wrote this triple Haiku: 

Much is beyond my
control: student attitudes,
demands, lack of time. 

So much depends on 
my response, my words, my hope.
How I can show up.

Looking inward - I
reflect. I write. I wonder.
I only change me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...