Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Slice of Life Tuesday & Haiku-A-Day December #18 Mash Up: One Little Word - Mindful

Looking to connect with a positive, supportive online community?  Consider sharing a slice of your life with Two Writing TeachersAll writers are welcome! 



I am joining Elisabeth from The Dirigible Plum in writing a Haiku-A-Day during the month of December. 

Tuesday Slice of Life & Haiku-A-Day December #18 Mash Up: 
One Little Word - Mindful

Many bloggers write about their selected One Little Word - a word they will focus on for the upcoming year. According to Ali Edwards, you can meditate on this word, reflect on it, even research about it. You can read more about One Little Word in this post.

Last year my One Little Word was peace, but I never took the time to blog about it. If I am really honest with myself, I could still work on finding inner peace in many ways. 

This year I am still trying to determine what my One Little Word will be. One thing that I am constantly working on for myself is being mindful in my words, my actions, my responses, and even what I eat and buy. 

In thinking about the word mindful, I wrote this double Haiku:

How could I better
myself in more purposeful
actions, words, response?

Mind too easily 
strays. Automatic response
without intention. 

7 comments:

  1. Seems like you found your OLW - mindful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This WOULD be a perfect word for me to focus on this year!

      Delete
  2. I like mindful as a OLW. I'm thinking about my word and while I've been thinking about compassion, mindful may work better for me as I want to commit to more yoga. Mindful can help us to be more intentional, another good word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have also considered intentional...so many possibilities! Ah yoga, another thing that I could work on!

      Delete
  3. Adding a haiku to go with your OLW is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the double haiku...very clever. I hav1en't thought at all about my OLW. I'm waiting for it to find me! Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...