Sunday, December 22, 2019

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #22: Practicing Gratitude

For the last three years, I've intentionally spent time writing and sharing a Haiku-A-Day for the month of December. The first two years I exchanged a daily Haiku privately with willing friends, mostly through text and email. Last year I wrote and shared each Haiku on my blogThroughout this process, I've discovered that the practice of noticing and reflecting through writing a Haiku grounds me, provides with with a certain kind of peace, assists me with better practicing gratitude, and helps me better navigate this "hurry up" world. This year my goal is the same as last year: to pen and publish a daily Haiku on my blog throughout December. 


Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #22
Practicing Gratitude 

Most days I write a list in my notebook expressing what I'm grateful for. This especially helps me re-frame my mindset when I am feeling low or anxious about something. I recently reread my gratitude lists and realized I have writing territories within my lists: I often write about family, friends, church community, beauty in unexpected places, and shelter. It's a practice I hope that I continue to keep up with.  

Daily gratitude/
(no matter how small) helps me/
realize abundance. 

1 comment:

  1. This haiku has a lovely cause/effect structure. I like how you emphasize being grateful for little things by setting the phrase “no matter how small” off with parenthesis.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...