Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Slice of Life #22: Day 9: Cardboard Delight

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 


Slice of Life #22: Day 9: 
Cardboard Delight

Until we rescued a pair of kittens last fall, I had no idea how much cats could enjoy cardboard boxes...or rather obsessed with cardboard boxes! 

If I leave out an empty box, Binx and Herbert immediately claim it, no matter the size. At times, especially with a smaller box, it seems like they wrestle over who gets dibs on the box. 

I've watched my kittens play hide-n-seek with boxes. I've observed them hide in a box. I've even seen them sleep in a box.

Yesterday morning I set out an empty Amazon box on the kitchen floor. Within minutes, Binx and Herbert raced to get to it first. With great amusement, I watched them play in their new box.

Kittens delight at/
empty cardboard boxes./
Free entertainment. 





4 comments:

  1. I love watching cats play in and with boxes. It’s hilarious. Cats like tight, enclosed spaces, which is why I think they explore small boxes. And they are curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious. That box is SO SMALL for them! The wrestling in the box photo is my favorite. Sweet Potato and Chipotle have a box they've claimed as their bed and I haven't had the heart to move it out of the living room. I might have to write about cats in boxes this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cats love boxes, too. I have yet to meet a cat that doesn’t.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...