Saturday, December 8, 2018

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #8: Sanctuary

I am joining Elisabeth from The Dirigible Plum in writing a Haiku-A-Day during the month of December. Please let me know if you are posting a Haiku-A-Day too! I would love to read your work.


Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #8: Sanctuary

Earlier this week I wrote about how my topics, word choices, and audience has been so different in my Haiku-A-Day challenge this year. (You can read that post here.) In a greatly appreciated comment from my friend Elisabeth, I was reminded how my writer's notebook is where I can retreat. My writer's notebook is where I craft poetry, ask myself the most painful and complex questions, explore my thoughts and feelings without fear of judgement. 

As I continue to try to make sense of some really tough, painful things in my life, writing continues to provide an outlet and healing. I am thankful for notebook writing:

Pen, paper, pages-
my sanctuary housing
most intimate thoughts. 

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect in every way. I love sanctuary as a metaphor for a writer's notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elisabeth. My notebook is definitely one of my favorite sanctuaries.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...