Sunday, October 29, 2017

#DWHabit: Grin

This morning I felt stuck in my writing. Typically, when I find myself in a writing funk, I read poems or compelling fiction in search of a line I can lift. Yet today I couldn't find anything that struck my fancy, and I found myself on Twitter instead, mindlessly scrolling through Tweets.

Twitter (or any other social media platform) is usually a guarantee that I will not spend my time writing (or doing whatever task worthy of my time). For me, social media typically makes me incredibly unproductive. But today, I lingered on this Tweet from teachwrite.org. I love the premise of growing your writing habit by writing about a word. (And it was a great solution to get out of this morning’s writing funk.) So today I decided to write about the word grin in the form of a double haiku:

A mound of yellow,
Orange, red, brown leaves invites small
Feet plunging with glee.

Mama rakes again:
Swish. Swish. Crunch. Swish. Swish. Crunch. "I
need another plunge!"
My daughter's glee in plunging into leaf piles this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...