Friday, March 31, 2023

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers


Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: 
March Coffee Date

When I wrote a similar post last year, I wrote about how I wasn't very comfortable about going to coffee shops because of the pandemic. However, since last summer, meeting up for coffee has become more normal again. It's something that I cherish.

************************************

If we were having coffee, I would tell you how eager I am for Spring Break to begin. I would complain about how I'm not traveling anywhere warm, but I desperately need a break. 

If we were having coffee, I would ask you what you were currently reading. I would record your suggestions and add to my mile long to read list. I would tell you a little bit about the latest book that I am reading: Barbara Kingsolver's Demon Copperhead.

If we were having coffee, I would tell you about how I have been focusing more on crochet and challenging myself to learn new stitches and techniques. I would tell you about the Woobles crochet kits I adore. I might show you photos of the amigurumi creatures I've made.  

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that I recently discovered that the Mr. Mister song "Kyrie" has a religious meaning. (In Greek, Kyrie Eleison means Lord, have mercy.) All this time I thought that it was just a fun pop song. 

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that I have been thinking about friendships a lot lately. I would explain that I have realized that sometimes friendships change or shift and the loss of friendships can be incredibly painful, even though not many people seem to talk about this. 

If we were having coffee, I would ask about what's giving you joy lately. I don't think that we celebrate joy enough. For me, I know that sometimes it's easier to dwell on all of the challenges I experience. 

If we were having coffee, I would hope that I wasn't dominating the conversation and hearing about you! 

6 comments:

  1. If we were having coffee, I would be very happy to meet you in person and share fun crochet ideas, big stacks of books, plans for travel someday, friendship and joy! Instead, I'll have a cup and think of you on a well deserved spring break in your busy routine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina,
    I'm so glad you were in this space for every day of March and hope you'll be back every Tuesday in the coming year. I have Demon Copperhead on my bookshelf and hope to read it before summer gets rolling. I also have a Woobles kit I ordered right after Shark Tank. I still have not opened it. I need to get with it and make the little elephant for my grandson. I hope one day we have a chance to have coffee together and enjoy all these discussions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drank my tea while you had coffee and shared your life and thoughts. I enjoyed sitting in your company.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope we get to have that coffee IRL this year! I'd be so happy to join you for a conversation about all these topics and more. I'd definitely tell you about the book I'm reading (The Trees by Percival Everett) and we'd have to share cat photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish we could have coffee in person. I want to talk about all these topics! I love the range of light and heavy, of things that I know about, things I want to know more about, and things I haven't heard of before (Woobles--I followed your link, and now I want to learn how to crochet!). What a perfect "agenda" for getting coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound like such fun topics, it would be good to catch up over coffee, but probably highly unlikely as I live in Australia!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...