Thursday, March 30, 2023

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 30/31: Crocheting With Cats

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers


Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 30/31: 
Crocheting With Cats

"Herbert! I'm trying to crochet!" Herbert's paw pounced on my yarn. I gently pushed Herbert out of the way. Within moments, Herbert was back on my lap.


"Herbert! Stop it!" Herbert batted at the green yarn and ignored my scolding. His paws grabbed at my yarn. I pushed Herbert out of the way for the second time. 

I adjusted how I held my yarn and attempted to focus on my pattern. Herbert jumped up again - this time he was on his back, the yarn between his paws. He tried to catch the yarn between his teeth.  

"HERBERT! That yarn is mine!" His eyes taunted me. I retrieved my yarn and re-positioned my grip on the yarn. 

"HERBERT! COME ON! Let me get this row done." I pulled the yarn away from Herbert. He grabbed at my yarn again, causing an entire row of stitches to unravel. This time Herbert clutched onto the yarn so tightly that I needed to pry it from his two paws. 

Why was I even trying to reason with a cat? They always win. 

4 comments:

  1. This is an entertaining post. I laughed out loud. The second picture is my favourite. And I know it wasn't funny for you, more distracting, but the way you put it all together is perfectly amusing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! Though we don't have cats anymore (too many allergic family members) I remember very well how you just can't reason with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! "Why was I even trying to reason with a cat?" Herbert is just doing his cat best to do cat things. He's adorable, and I have no answer to your question, but it does put a huge grin on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Herbert! He looks like he is having a wonderful time. That second photo is so silly.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...