Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 29/31: Spring Hope

 For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers


Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 29/31: 
Spring Hope

Last week Saturday we had a massive spring snowstorm. Although the forecast had been around 3 inches of total snow accumulation, we ended up with 13 1/2 inches of wet, slushy snow. The snow would have been beautiful had it not been at the end of March. The roads were terrible. I felt that all signs of spring were erased in less than twenty-four hours. It was so depressing. 

To my surprise, as I returned from a walk on Monday, I noticed that a significant amount of snow melted. New growth was emerging. It felt like spring was a possibility again. Here's a haiku I wrote in response.  

Saturday's snowstorm/

removed spring hope. Yesterday's/ 

new growth brightens mood. 

Saturday afternoon

Monday afternoon



5 comments:

  1. Trina, I love the transformation. I saw the ground here yesterday but don’t want to get my hopes up too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crow! 13 inches!!!! I would have been bummed too... way to find the good in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a lot of snow. SO glad you are seeing signs of the real spring emerge. That is something to celebrate

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also had a spring snow-dump, but I was not nearly as optimistic (or as observant) as you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow to 13 inches! That really is a significant spring storm. We haven't even hit 60 degrees here yet so not much is happening, though I've seen a very few crocus and it looks like some daffodils could open if we could just have a couple of warm days. I am more ready for spring than I can ever remember being! It's been a long winter.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...