Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 28/31: Ten Things I'm Trying To Get To: 2023 Edition

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers


Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 28/31:
Ten Things I'm Trying To Get To: 2023 Edition

Last year I made a list of ten things that I wanted to get to within the year. I like to think of them as mini-goals. You can read about them in this post. Reflecting on my list now, I was able to accomplish many of them, but not all of them. 

Here's my list this year, not in any particular order or importance:


go tent camping at least once
get better at making amigurumi crochet
learn how to use an over lock sewing machine
incorporate more vegetables in meals
learn how to play pickle ball
visit at least one new-to-me Wisconsin State Park
blog at least once a month during the entire year
paint the second story walls on the inside of my house 
incorporate strength training into my exercise regime
learn how to use the grill better

Like last year, I tried to select items that were manageable to me, both from a cost and time perspective. A few of my items are a repeat from last year (and are in even more manageable chunks).

What are you trying to get to this year? 

5 comments:

  1. I'd say that was a pretty aggressive list, from my view. Yet it does contain aggressive goal (paint second story walls) and healthy goals as well (adding more vegetables) as well as fun goals (camping)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these goals. Realistic and fun. I do similar goals. One of mine is to see more art this year, and it has been so much fun already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I'm pretty sure I wrote one of these last year or the year before, and I wonder how many of those things I did. I think I'd be scared to go back and look! I love this idea as a post...Tracy's idea of seeing more art is one I'd like to put on my list. I like how your list incorporates practical and the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trina, I feel like a domestic slug when I read so many sewing and home improvement to do things on your list. I need to make a list like this and then make a plan to do them. I do hope you’ll blog more during the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also! I was trying to email you but can't find your email address! Can you email me at elisabethelling at gmail so we can see if our summer schedules align for a coffee date?

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...