Not surprisingly, when I began teaching, I immersed myself in Young Adult (YA) books of all genres. This was mostly to help encourage a positive atmosphere of reading. Some of my favorite YA books I have read this school year include:
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds,
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas,
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz, and
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner.
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara,
- The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse by Louise Erdrich,
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery, and
- Salvage the Bones by Jesmyn Ward.
This is my current stack of books to be read next:
|My next stack of books to read|
What's on your list?