Friday, March 8, 2019

March Slice of Life Challenge Day 8: Spine Poetry

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers



March Slice of Life Challenge Day 8: Spine Poetry 
Have you ever tried Book Spine Poetry? For me, writing a Spine Poem is simple and fun, yet so visually appealing. As I was straightening up my bookshelves at school on Thursday afternoon I wrote two new Spine Poems. 

My first Spine Poem is based on professional education resources (and some of my favorite books). The second Spine Poem uses mostly Young Adult titles. 

For the Good of the Earth and Sun
Poetry Matters.
Minds Made for Stories.
The Journey is Everything.
Write Beside Them.
Read Write Teach.
Imagine It Better. 
If you're reading this
hold still
for one more day.
Just listen
my brilliant friend. 

8 comments:

  1. I love this poetry idea. We have not done this yet, but in the past my students seemed to love it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both poems, but the second is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Book Spine poetry. Not only does your poems show excellent reading material but it also demonstrates good imagination for creating messages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great use of books! Thanks for introducing me to something new!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love spine poetry, and these are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It would be so fun to do it with a whole book shelf of books - each student gets a book shelf in the library. Thanks for sharing! Happy writing and teaching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy spine poetry. So fun to scan the shelves and find some titles that work together and then keep building the poem. I am sure I will do this at some point this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You think with all my titles I could do this but my mind doesn’t have the cleverness yours has

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...