Thursday, March 25, 2021

Slice of Life Challenge #21 Day 25: Right Now

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 

Slice of Life Challenge #21 Day 25: Right Now

I recently saw this post on Leigh Anne's A Day In the Life. I enjoyed reading it and wanted to share my own list.

What I'm Reading - I'm notorious for reading more than one book at a time. I thrive on this. After reading a post about this book from Ramona, I ordered and began reading Alone Together: Love, Grief, and Comfort in the time of COVID-19. It's a collection of interviews, poetry, and essays. I am also listening to Searching for April Raintree, a powerful novel. This is the story of two Canadian Métis sisters who were raised in foster care for most of their young lives and deal with racism and exploring their identity as adults. 

What I'm Writing - Aside from lesson plans and feedback on Canvas, I am mostly only writing daily blogs for the Slice of Life Challenge and journaling. At some point I would like to write more and publish. Lately this goal seems so out of reach.

What I'm Learning - I am learning that it is okay to be gentle with myself and continue to realize that life is a journey that I am still figuring out how to navigate. At school I am learning again how to be flexible as we pivot to our fourth learning model this year. Personally, although I haven't lost anyone due to the pandemic, I have been processing grief and trying to figure out how I want to spend my time and energy when the pandemic is over. Therefore, I plan to participate in Elena Aguilar's Bright Morning Feel Better Program

What I'm Loving - Catching the sunrise is always a love. Signs of spring give me so much joy. Playing board games with my children is one of my favorite ways to spend time with them. My parents are now both fully vaccinated, and I am part-vaccinated; we can visit again! I adore comedy and laughing until my belly aches. 

Thank you for this inspiration, Leigh Anne. 

5 comments:

  1. This IS a FUN post. I enjoyed readig and was curious about a few things... I might need to do some Googling at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your uplifting post. It's full of curiosity and passion about life. You write beautifully; good luck with your goal to publish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful, vulnerable response to Leigh Anne’s idea. I’m glad you get to see your parents now for proper visits. And hugs! I’m curious about Bright Morning Feel Better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, gentle and flexible. A good advice and reminder. Did you read Elena's Onward? So much advice for wellbeing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That line - learning to be gentle with myself - that is ever so vital. Such an inspirational post, Trina. So uplifting - and I love Aguilar's work.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...