Friday, March 4, 2022

Slice of Life #22: Day 4: Senior Prank

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 


Slice of Life #22: Day 4/31
 Senior Prank 

"Does anyone hear that?" I'm subbing for a colleague in a high school engineering class. I keep hearing a sharp, repetitive beeping sound.

Laughter erupts.

"That goes off every morning for one minute at 8:15." Someone yells out.

"Seriously? Why?" I inquire.

"The best senior prank ever. Maybe five years ago someone hid an alarm. No one can exactly figure out where it is, so we just deal with it." 

One student points to a corner of the room where the student must have hidden it. 

The alarm is hidden somewhere in here


"We are so used to it that we don't even notice it anymore," A quiet student offers and then adds,"it's just a part of first hour." 

I smile. 

Sure enough, the beeping stops at exactly 8:16. We continue with class.

Senior pranks are not my favorite, but I have to admit that this one is pretty good. The whole thing makes me giggle.  

5 comments:

  1. This is an interesting one. A prank that never ended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really funny and a good prank that doesn't really hurt anyone. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has to be the all-time best senior prank. I didn’t want to laugh, but I did—out loud. Twice. I’m still smiling. I love teens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... that is funny. I wonder if the kid who does it knows the alarm still goes off.
    That is a good prank. I saw a good one this one time when I was teaching high school. Some seniors put these bull testicles on the principal's car with a lock and they all the FFA kids gave him a key at graduation. He got a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely the best prank! I love how it's now become a normal part of first hour.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...