Saturday, March 11, 2023

Slice of Life #23: Day 11/31: I Cannot Be the Only One

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 


Slice of Life #23: Day 11/31: 
I Cannot Be the Only One


Among this community of writers I cannot be the only one who...

has a cup of coffee at home BEFORE going out for coffee,

is satisfied by the sound of ice cracking on a sidewalk,

eats the toppings off of pizza before eating the crust, 

tells the cats to have a good day before leaving the house,

reads more than one book at a time,

loves the smell of basil on her fingers, 

learned how to play some video games to connect better with her kids, 

has several UFOs (unfinished craft projects),

loves to thrift, 

plays a little ukulele, 

yearns for the smell of campfires,

and visits the library at least once a week.


Thank you to Amy, Lit Coach Learnings, and Elisabeth for this inspiration. 
 

9 comments:

  1. Yes yes yes! What a fun structure! I especially love the coffee before coffee and the basil smell on your fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One by one each line could find someone that matches. All together they make you rather unique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this structure! Thanks for sharing what you saw another writer do - one of the reasons I love this community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your collection here! I'm with you with the coffee. Can't leave the house without coffee, no matter what. And I do love that you address your cats before you vacate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this prompt helps you so easily connect with someone you don't know. I too eat the toppings off of my pizza before the crust and the sound of ice cracking on the sidewalk. Glad to know these are similarities with others and not just quirks of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trina, Of course you tell the cats to have a good day. I bet you say, “I love you” to them, too. You would have enjoyed walking w/ Snug this morning. He walked on ice and made it crack. It is a satisfying sound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great way to build community. I couldn't help but notice the way each line starts with a verb, first "has" and "is" then turns more active with eats, plays, learns, visits. It creates movement in your post that carries me all the way through to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great format, thanks for listing others who have tried it too. Such a great collection of things you like to do, many of which I identify with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun format! YES to reading more than one book at a time! And YES to having that cup of coffee at home before going OUT for coffee!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...