Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Slice of Life #23: Day 21/31: Things I Like/Things I Dislike

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 

Slice of Life #23: Day 21/31: 
Things I Like/Things I Dislike

I was feeling a bit stuck for a slice today. Thank goodness that Elisabeth and Britt shared a feasible form to emulate. I was intrigued about the origins of this and noticed that it was originally a mentor text of Susan Sontag's. You can read a little more about Susan Sontag's work here

There is just something about making lists, isn't there? Below are a few of my likes and dislikes in no particular order.

Things I Like: coffee, reading books, cupcakes, lap kitties, Mr. Sketch Scented Markers, spending time with my kids, Wordle, snuggling with Steven, the smell of fresh herbs on my fingers, crocheting, sushi, libraries, black olives, mushrooms, doodling zentangles, walks, murals on buildings, walking along the river, hugs from my children 

Things I Dislike: putting away dishes, folding clothes, driving in downtown Chicago, sauerkraut, figuring out home repairs on my own, long staff meetings, arriving late, making meals when it's just me, holidays and birthdays when it's not my turn to have my children, unsolicited salesmen, multilevel marketing companies, cleaning the gutters, products that cannot be fixed when one part breaks down, being too warm when I sleep, pictures of myself  

What are some of your likes and dislikes? 

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you added the Sontag link becuase I couldn't read the one from the others because of the paywall. I was looking for something the other day on Pinterest and I can't believe the number of pins that are "lists of lists." People can relate to this type of organizational writing. My favorite of your likes is Wordle and dislikes is pictures of myself! Fun slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina,
    Your list of dislikes parallels my own i’m many ways. Have you read Michell Obama’s new book? She talks about knitting a a small thing that enables one to handle big things. Your crocheting reminds me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard about Zentangles and I can't wait to try them out. I love that you included them in your likes.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...