Thursday, March 9, 2023

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 9/31: Currently

 For the month of March, I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 9/31: 

Currently

Currently...

I'm watching The Last of Us, Slow Horses, and Shrinking. I only watch The Last of Us and Slow Horses when I am together with my boyfriend, Steve. 

I'm reading Grown by Tiffany D. Jackson, Before I Met You by Lisa Jewell, and Real Happiness at Work by Sharon Salzberg. I am ALWAYS reading more than one book at a time.

I'm thinking about next year's teaching assignment. Today I was notified by Human Resources that I was awarded the position that I applied for. Instead of a .6 in Alternative Education and a .4 in English, I will have a 1.0 in English. Instead of preparing for four separate classes and toggling between two different departments, I will only have seniors for English next year. While I will miss working with students in an alternative education setting, I am excited for this change. I need a better home/work balance.

I'm listening to an audio book on Hoopla - Pam Jenoff's Code Name Sapphire. I have also been listening to Kate Bowler's Everything Happens Podcast. I also listen to music often. Lately I have been listening to the Once soundtrack. 

I've been researching about crocheting and gardening. Lately I have been making amigurumi. Now that it's March, I am thinking about how I want to plan my vegetable and herb garden this year.

I'm grateful for my teenage children, a loving boyfriend, my clowder of cats, a stable job, health insurance, a house, and having enough.    

Thank you to Elisabeth for inspiring this post. 

5 comments:

  1. Your gratitude list could have been a post in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina, I’m so happy to hear you’ll have the position you want next year. You deserve that. I might need this post paradigm at some point this month. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I am putting this idea in my notebook to use later in the month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy is what I feel when I read your slice. You have a great life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really glad you have the assignment you wanted for next year! Work/life balance is so important. I do love teaching seniors, even though they are also entirely over it LOL. How are you enjoying Slow Horses? One of my favorite shows I've watched this year--can't wait for the new season. I never binge TV, but I totally binged Slow Horses!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...