Friday, December 7, 2018

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #7: Great Horned Owl

I am joining Elisabeth from The Dirigible Plum in writing a Haiku-A-Day during the month of December. Please let me know if you are posting a Haiku-A-Day too! I would love to read your work.


Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #7: Great Horned Owl

As I wrote about in yesterday's post, I have been paying a lot more attention to the every day birds I see in my city and neighborhood. To my delight, we have a Great Horned Owl in our neighborhood. Although I have not had the opportunity to actually see it yet, I hear the owl's calls on most early morning twilight walks with my dogs. I have heard the hoots in different locations through our neighborhood, causing me to wonder if the same owl made a new nest or if there are two different Great Horned Owls.

Here is today's Haiku:


Although I've never 
spied you, I hear your rhythmic
call before dawn. Hoo.

Are you the same Great 
Horned Owl who perched between the
nearby woods and church? 

1 comment:

  1. These are very Issa like with their address to animals! How amazing to have a Great Horned Owl in the neighborhood. It always feel like an especially good bird spotting day when I see an owl of any kind!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...