Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Tuesday Slice of Life: Ice

Looking to connect with a positive, supportive online community? Consider sharing a slice of your life with Two Writing Teachers. All writers are welcome! 



Slice of Life: Ice

Recently, I was combing through some old notebooks from last year, searching for seed ideas for a blog post. I came upon a piece of a slice I began last winter about ice but never finished or published. Last year's winter was harsh, and at the time I was consciously trying to write about anything positive to get me through that long season. 

So below is a slice I began last winter and finished early this morning. 

Today's slice involves emulating a fun mentor text from Neil Pasricha's popular Book of Awesome and blog 1000 Awesome Things. I used the same format to write about wordless dog greetings in a past Slice of Life Challenge in this post

Ice
Sure, icy sidewalks are a constant for us in Wisconsin. Ice can be challenging to take care of and especially dangerous to the elderly. 

But there's just something so satisfying about the sound of ice cracking beneath your feet on the sidewalk. 

Pop! 

Crash! 

Crackle! 

Crunch! 



Awesome! 

(photo from: here)

In case you're wondering, we don't have much ice on the ground...yet. But the forecast calls for an upcoming winter storm, just in time for Thanksgiving travel! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I just found Neil and his writings and podcast interviews are changing my life!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...