Sunday, March 15, 2020

Slice of Life #20 Challenge Day 15/31: Neighborhood Joy

Slice of Life #20 Challenge Day 15/31:
Neighborhood Joy 

Although I desperately wanted to be lazy in bed this morning and just scroll through social media, I got ready and went for an early neighborhood walk. Now that I have an established path, I look forward to each day's walk. I heard "what-cheer-cheer" calls from a nearby Northern Cardinal in my neighbor's yard. I delighted in watching black squirrels scamper up trees and across my street's telephone lines. Chipmunks dove into small holes across several front yards. Throughout my walk I spied familiar neighborhood dogs and their owners. 

This morning's sunrise was spectacular. 

I am so fortunate. These are normal, early morning happenings  - an abundance of neighborhood beauty.

When I returned home, I wrote this Haiku:

Everyday walking/
provides morning joy landscape./
Look up. Look around.  



Looking to connect with a positive, supportive online community? 
Consider sharing a slice of yourlife with Two Writing Teachers
All writers are welcome! 

9 comments:

  1. Just being outside can be such inspiration for writing - beautiful pic and poem! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful photo! There is so much joy in that daily walk, especially now when we all crave "normal happenings."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trina, I am ready to jump outside for an afternoon walk. Thanks for sharing some of your morning walk thoughts and a beautiful sunrise. We need the beauty of nature to help us through the dark times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a delightful morning routine. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to look outside more... I’m sure it is beautiful. (Darn bed rest.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your walks and the photos that accompany them. A lovely haiku, too. We have a new trail by our house, and if this rain, snow, and hail stops I’m going out and walking it early and watch the sun rise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sunrise pic you snapped. I'm finding walks are essential for my mental health right now. Good for physical health too, but I love how it clears my head. I don't usually do a morning walk since I prefer to wait for the warmth of afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am encouraged every day when I get outside and see the same things you describe. The chattering squirrels, and bouncing birds in the leaves as they cheep and hop. There is an abundance of normal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely think that everyday beauty is going to be important to us in the days ahead. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...