Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Slice of Life #20 Challenge Day 31/31: Walking Habits

Slice of Life #20 Challenge Day 31/31: 
Walking Habits

Since the Covid-19 epidemic began, I've been trying to adapt to all kinds of things: digital learning/teaching, social distancing, and making peace with all of the cancellations. At times it has been a bit jarring and overwhelming. 

However, there hasn't been a day that I have not gone for at least one walk, especially during my lunch hour. Although I often walked before or after school, I didn't walk during my lunch break. Now it's one of my favorite times of the day. I get a break from my computer. I get some time outdoors. I get to spend time either in solitude or chatting with my neighbor/friend, Dave. 

On today's lunchtime walk, I ran into one of my administrators running during her lunch break. In addition, I saw two families out for a walk. My neighbor, Rae, was out on her lunch break and walking with her friend. It makes me happy to see so many people outside.

Generally, I feel better after I walk. I feel less overwhelmed and often less cranky. I'm not sure why I didn't do it when I was physically at school.

Walking during my lunch break is something I want to continue after this pandemic is over. 



Lunch time stroll relieves/
anxiety, tension. Now/
welcome habit change. 



Looking to connect with a positive, supportive online community? 
Consider sharing a slice of yourlife with Two Writing Teachers
All writers are welcome!

5 comments:

  1. Even though I workout every day, I still need a walk. Today we’d planned a hike in a local trail system called City Creek, but it has rained all day. We finally took the dogs walking in our neighborhood when there was a momentary break in the rain. We need physical movement to help our brains work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walking is a great way to breathe in fresh air. I want to get into a daily routine but darkness and rain are deterrents. I’ lo get there. Stay safe - it was fun connecting with you this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel better after a walk too. It's amazing to me how centering and grounding it is. I don't always want to do it--I don't like walking in town and don't always want to take the time to drive to nature. But I always feel better from it! Walking at lunch seems like a good routine to stick with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found myself taking more walks, too. I like to run for exercise, but walk for peace, comfort, and to clear my mind. I hope you continue this new routine even when we go back to "normal" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walking is good. I wonder whether you are bale to switch off the school thoughts and simply be in the now. This is a challenge for me. I often find I have walked a distance without noticing anything but I have a mini-lesson planned in my head.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...