Sunday, March 27, 2022

Slice of Life #22: Day 27: Tech Support

 For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 


Slice of Life #22: Day 27/31:
Tech Support 

"Why are your notifications silenced?" Mom texts me.

"They are?" I immediately went to the phone settings on my iPhone, perplexed. I didn't recently update any of my notifications. Nothing seemed off. How did THAT happen? 

Ugh.

"Go to settings. Then go to Focus." My mom texts again. I nearly dropped my phone. My tech support is coming from my mother, who is in her mid- seventies. The same mom who thought that her Apple ID was the same thing as her Gmail account just a few months ago. The same mom who could not figure out how to open a document on her iPhone. 

"It also helps to completely turn off your phone." Mom continues. 

"Haha! You are giving me text support?" 

My mom responds back with 🤣.

I giggle some more and take a look at my settings again, this time looking at Focus. My mom was right. I didn't expect that she would teach me something about technology today. 

3 comments:

  1. Adorable slice. Cheers to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very sweet! Now I want to go to settings and check focus and make sure my notifications are all where I want them to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trina, your mom is the bomb. I love this story so much. What’s her secret, and is she available for consultation?

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...