Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Slice of Life #23: Why Not, Trina?

 On Tuesdays I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 


Slice of Life #23:
Why Not, Trina? 

"Tomorrow is the last day of February. I am still on the fence about blogging this year." 

"You should do it."

"But it's SO much time. I haven't blogged since last April!"

"I know you can do it. You always talk about what you notice and learn about yourself. It will only help you grow as a writer."

"It does make March go really fast, which is an added bonus." 

"It's fun for me to read what you write. Why not, Trina?"

"I will make a decision when I wake up tomorrow, I guess."

**********************************************************************************
This was part of our nightly Face Time exchange between me and my boyfriend, Steve, last night. Can I tell you how fortunate that I feel that I have a boyfriend who is not only loving and my best friend, but supportive of me as a writer? 

Our conversation lingered in my mind when I woke up this morning. OF course, one of the first things that I did this morning was sign up for the 2023 Slice of Life Challenge. I feel really good about this decision.

If you are coming back from a writing hiatus, know that you are not alone! 

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Still on the fence here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your decision to take the challenge. I look forward to reading more from you. Also, I liked your introduction. You can never go wrong with dialogue. Btw, and hang onto that boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great moment to post an encouraging piece! I’m so glad ill be reading you this March, and I hope you influenced others ‘on the fence.’

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...