Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 1/31 Since Last March

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers


Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 1/31
Since Last March

Since last March, I've done some traveling
Traveling to Kentucky on a youth mission trip
Traveling to Hayward and Door County to be with family
Traveling to new and familiar places.

Since last March, I've been strengthening my skills in crocheting
Crocheting with color changes
Crocheting a small handbag
Crocheting amigurumi creatures.

Since last March, I've been working on letting go
Letting go of unhealthy relationships
Letting go of the drive for constant production 
Letting go of unhealthy work and home balance. 

Since last March, I've realized unexpected blessings
Blessings from neighbors who helped me with snow removal
Blessings from students who make me laugh
Blessings from loving and being loved. 


I used this format to begin my SOLC challenge last year. You can read this slice here. For me, this is a wonderful way to reflect on this past year.  

3 comments:

  1. I can connect with the poem, trying to let go isn't easy. But trying is brave too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful way to reflect on the year. It sounds like you have been taking care of YOU in the past year! And aren't those unexpected blessings wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trina, I love this format and am thrilled you’re here for the March challenge. I look forward to reading your poetry and life stories.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...