Sunday, March 19, 2023

Slice of Life #23: Day 19/31: Writer's Block

 For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 

Slice of Life #23: Day 19/31: 
Writer's Block

Mid-March. This is always about the time in the Slice of Life Challenge that I hit a wall. I feel like I have nothing to write about. 

This morning I crafted the beginnings of some slices. I began with dialogue, attempting to explain last night's Saint Patrick's Day party. I just couldn't articulate my words. Then I tried a Haiku about how different coffee is on the weekends because I am not in a rush and how I get to savor my coffee. I couldn't craft enough contrast between my first and third line. Finally, I started writing about this morning's winter walk, and how frustrated I am with the sting on my cheeks in this unseasonable March weather. I didn't like how whiny my tone was. 

In the end, I decided to create a new post and just started writing. This post will need to suffice for today. 

Anyone else with me on a bit of writer's block today? 

2 comments:

  1. It’s not writer’s block or the absence of topics I’m struggling with. My challenge is feeling motivated. I am sad and depressed, something I can generally exercise or read my way out of. Maybe tomorrow,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been struggling a bit on and off. Once I find that right topic and have ideas, I'm so relieved. It's that searching for something you really want to write about that gets me. Savoring coffee in haiku form - perhaps that one will materialize on another day.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...