Friday, March 24, 2023

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 24/31 Keep Arriving

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers


Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 24/31
Keep Arriving

When I am leading a Literary Club session, we often begin with reading a poem and lifting a line from that poem as a quick write. Thursday's before school meeting was no exception. We listened to author Marwa Helal read "the poem is a dream telling you its time." The phrase "...keep arriving" really stood out to me. I used this phrase to jump start my writing. 

Below is my quickwrite:

"Keep Arriving" 

When we finish formal schooling, 

it's tempting to think

we've accomplished all we can - 

as if we're done learning.

Are we ever really done

with wonder?

Are we every really done 

with trying new things?

Are we every really done

with striving for improvement?

I never want to be done learning.

I hope to keep arriving. 

2 comments:

  1. Trina, stellar poem. Love the questions you posed and your implied answer: We are never done learning or arriving at learning. I, too find be inspiration in others’ writing, especially poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that Marwa Helal poem is gorgeous--and new to me. Thank you for sharing it! Your poem takes flight from her words. This is such a powerful notion--learning as the place we keep arriving.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...