Saturday, December 1, 2018

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #1: "Thanks for Nothing" Inspiration

Have you heard of Jennifer Abrams yet? She's an educational and communications consultant, wise author, and inspiring human. I have had the pleasure and good fortune of learning from her through face-to-face and digital workshops and especially from her books and blog posts. My personal copy of Having Hard Conversations is defaced with all kinds of notes scribbled in the margins and sticky notes flagging sage gems.

On Jennifer's blog, Voice Lessons, I was inspired by her latest post "Thanks for Nothing." I was compelled to reflect on a few of my experiences of rejection and discomfort, later grateful what those lessons taught me.

This December, I challenged myself to write and post a Haiku-A-Day. With apologizes to Jennifer for not writing quite as eloquently as she did, here's a triple Haiku I recently penned:

Thank you rejection
of building coach position - 
pain sought deep knowledge. 

Thanks, mismatched beliefs 
challenged deep conversations -
diffused comfort zone.

Thank you rejection
of fellowship- sticky hurt
fueled writing fury.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...