Monday, December 31, 2018

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #31: Found Haiku

I am joining Elisabeth from The Dirigible Plum in writing a Haiku-A-Day during the month of December.

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #31: Found Haiku

Confession: I adore words. Yup, I am one of those people who notices how words are arranged and used in books or poetry, in advertisements, in songs, quotes, even in social media posts. How amazing is it when just one word changes the meaning or tone of a whole piece?

Just call me a word nerd. 

When I have some extra time, I like to create found poetry - sometimes by myself as notebook work, sometimes with my daughter. 

Last night, as I was combing through some magazines, I realized that I have never merged Haiku and found poetry before. I cut out some words that stood out to me last night and arranged them this morning as I drank my coffee. It ended up being a fun challenge for me
Found Haiku 12-31-18

Escape the perfect/
wellness with beautiful care/
more thought to healthy. 




1 comment:

  1. I enjoy found poetry too. I wish I'd used some magazines and created a poem this way during the month too. I love how you've ended your challenge with such a positive vision for 2019!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...