Sunday, April 7, 2019

April Check-In #letswrite2019

April Check In: #letswrite2019


Back in January, I committed to some writing goals when I wrote and published this post. I am grateful to Leigh Anne Eck for her thoughtful work in  organizing #letswrite2019 

Below are the goals I outlined back in January: 
  • Continue to blog regularly. For me, this means writing and publishing at least three posts a month.
  • Continue daily writing in my writer's notebook - at least three pages each day.
  • Participate in March Slice of Life 
  • Participate in December Haiku-A-Day
  • Write and submit at least one professional piece of writing
  • Submit at least one poem locally or nationally
  • Apply for at least two professional opportunities - one in the form of a grant for classroom needs and the other in terms of professional growth 

So far, here is my writing progress for #letswrite2019:
  • I have continued to blog regularly. Although I haven't written at least three pages for the month of April yet, this is my second post this month. 
  • With the exception of one day when I was sick, I have written at least three pages a day in my writer's notebook.
  • I successfully participated in Slice of Life this March.
  • In February I applied for a professional growth opportunity and was recently selected to participate in fellowship this coming June. 
I am confident that I can continue to blog regularly each month, write daily in my notebook, and participate in the December Haiku-A-Day. However, I do need some direction and advice concerning two of my goals. Can anyone help me out? 
  1. Where is a good place to submit some professional educational writing? (How do I even get started with this?) 
  2. Where is a good place to submit a poem? (This does not need to be about education.)

1 comment:

  1. “California English” is a good place to submit an article. Carol Jago is the editor and would be thrilled to have a submission from you. You don’t have to teach in California to write for CE. You can also submit to any of the NCTE publications if you’re a member.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...