Sunday, April 7, 2019

Spring Check-In: #Mustreadin2019

Spring Check-In: #Mustreadin2019

For the first time, I am participating in Carrie Gelson's #Mustreadin2019. So far, I have read of three out of sixteen books I selected to read for this challenge. 

Below are the three titles I have read so far and a few thoughts about each: 

BrenĂ© Brown's Dare to Lead
A thought-provoking book about leadership, including what it means to rumble with vulnerability, living into our values, braving trust, and learning to rise. I will return to this resource often. 

Sebasian Beckwith and Caroline Paul's 
Who knew there was so much to know about tea? Learn in an accessible way about things such as the tea plant, the different types of tea, history of the tea, how to select tea, etc. I will never think about tea in the same way again! 

Jamey Bradbury's The Wild Inside
Since I was born in Alaska and haven't been back there since I was small, I am always fascinated with stories that take place in Alaska. However, this Gothic fiction title wasn't what I thought it would be. It's a dark story of love, family secrets, and a bit of a psychological thriller. 

**************************************
I am currently reading Meg Wiviott's Paper Hearts
So far I have found this to be a powerful, heart-breaking novel in verse about a friendship during the Holocaust. Many of my students are captivated with reading books written in verse this year. This will make an excellent addition to my classroom library. 

To see the list I set at the beginning of the year, read my blog post from January hereI have many more books that I still would like to read from my list. I cannot wait to get time to read a few more titles.  

Thank you to Carrie for setting up this challenge. Part of the fun is seeing what others are reading as well! 

2 comments:

  1. I need to read the tea book. We participated in a tea ceremony in China, and tea was our biggest purchase while there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some great progress! Thanks for checking in!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...