Thursday, December 19, 2019

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #19: Peanut Butter Balls

For the last three years, I've intentionally spent time writing and sharing a Haiku-A-Day for the month of December. The first two years I exchanged a daily Haiku privately with willing friends, mostly through text and email. Last year I wrote and shared each Haiku on my blogThroughout this process, I've discovered that the practice of noticing and reflecting through writing a Haiku grounds me, provides with with a certain kind of peace, assists me with better practicing gratitude, and helps me better navigate this "hurry up" world. This year my goal is the same as last year: to pen and publish a daily Haiku on my blog throughout December. 


Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #19
Peanut Butter Balls 

I'm not sure what I was thinking, especially after my reflection writing this post. It was another long day at school. After I finished dinner, I decided to make homemade Peanut Butter Balls, I treat I love to eat but have never made before. 

Readers, it was messy. 

It was putzy. 

The Peanut Butter Balls I imagined were not anything close to what I actually made. Every recipe I found online boasted how easy these were to make. Not quite. 

Mix ingredients./
Spoon up peanut mixture balls./
Dip in chocolate.

Clean floor. Scrub sauce pan./
Refrigerate overnight./
Peanut Butter Balls.  

1 comment:

  1. I’m starting my baking tomorrow (Friday). I’ve waited to the last minute because I’m prone to eating too many sweets during the holidays. It has been years since I made peanut butter balls. I don’t remember them being too messy. Maybe that’s because I live in a dry place. Your haiku is a perfect description of the peanut butter ball making process.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...