Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Slice of Life #22: Day 22: The No Good Very Bad Day

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 


Slice of Life #22:Day 22: 
The No Good Very Bad Day

Yesterday was an awful Monday. Without going into many details, several things occurred at school that were completely out of my control. No one was hurt, but there ended up being snag after snag involving an organization for an event that I have put a lot of work and time into. 

When I left school last night I felt so defeated and exhausted.

******************

On my early morning walk today, I reflected on all of the events that went awry yesterday. It reminded me of the following:
  • I got through a yucky day
  • I dealt with all of the bumps in the best way I could without acting in a way that I would regret later 
  • I arrived home and received hugs from my teenage children and snuggles from my three felines
  • My boyfriend patiently listened to me share all of yesterday's mess and was encouraging
  • Today is a new day

As like in the Shirelles song "Mama Said," "there'll be days like this." 

Sometimes all you can do is keep going. 

10 comments:

  1. Ugh! I am so sorry but you made it through a hard day and today is a new one. I hope your Tuesday makes up for your Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mondays can feel like an avalanche sometimes. I am glad to see you having a positive stance and balanced perspective after a tough day. Framing is everything. I hope the rest of the week goes better! Tam Truong

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was such a good reminder to reflect on some positives after really hard days. Hope today will be a better day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and your references to a song and children's book. I hope today is better - sounds like you are off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so sorry Monday was, well, a Monday among Mondays. I’m wondering if tragedy had anything to do w/ the creative writing group you’re working with. These days are so difficult to move past. Sending hugs and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, we have all been there. Sorry you had a bad Monday, but glad you could put it in perspective. When I have days like that I try to think of it as waves on the ocean - I can keep riding them till I get to shore and rest. I just have to remember to breathe and let things go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you had one of those days. I love the positive spin you put on it by reflecting this morning. It is true that the day is over, that is positive! I also am glad you have such a great support system in your life to give you the chance to vent, and to help you through the bad times to get back to the good! Hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mommas always know what they are talking about. Mine always said the bad ones show us how strong we really are. Your post proves just that. After a storm the sun always comes out again. I hope today was better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone for all of your supportive comments! Today still had some hiccups, but much better than yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your second bullet point made me chuckle - not acting in a way I would regret later! I'm glad to day was better for you!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...