Monday, March 13, 2023

Slice of Life #23: Day 13/31: Life's Little Equations

For the month of March, each day I am writing and posting a slice of my life, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. 


Slice of Life #23: Day 13/31: 
Life's Little Equations

I first discovered Amy Krouse Rosenthal's Life Equations in her book Textbook. I also read This Plus That: Life's Little Equations to my children when they were young. I adore the late Amy Krouse Rosenthal and continue to refer to her books. Last year I played with Life's Little Equations in this post. Here's another post from 2018. 

Based on parts of my Sunday, I created a few Life's Little Equations:

Eight additional inches of snow in twenty-four hours + Day Light Savings = Crabby Trina

(knocking over a food canister + playing in freshly folded laundry) x scratching on the backside of the chair = mischievous cat. 

(Lesson planning + posting weekly learning intentions and success criteria in Canvas) X giving feedback on research papers = Sunday Scaries. 

What equations have popped up in your life lately? 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. I love AKR and have used her writing for inspiration. After school tiredness + an empty stomach = limited imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trina, I’m so glad to see AKR featured in your post today. I haven’t thought about or read her in a long time. I’m so sorry you have so much new snow. I know like me you’re ready for spring. Otherwise, great equations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love AKR! I love life equations, too. Thanks for a fun read! That first equation sounds challenging! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...