Thursday, December 12, 2019

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #12: Technology Interruption

For the last three years, I've intentionally spent time writing and sharing a Haiku-A-Day for the month of December. The first two years I exchanged a daily Haiku privately with willing friends, mostly through text and email. Last year I wrote and shared each Haiku on my blogThroughout this process, I've discovered that the practice of noticing and reflecting through writing a Haiku grounds me, provides with with a certain kind of peace, assists me with better practicing gratitude, and helps me better navigate this "hurry up" world. This year my goal is the same as last year: to pen and publish a daily Haiku on my blog throughout December. 


Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #12
Technology Interruption

When I moved a few months ago, I was fortunate to have my big brother nearby to help me set up my technology. He even loaned me an Apple TV so I wouldn't need to purchase something extra on my limited budget.

Readers, my technology expertise is limited. It takes me a while to figure out how to navigate technology. I'm happy to allow my students to assist me with problem solving or asking one of my children to help me figure out something, especially technology-related.

So imagine my anxiety when I sat down to crochet and watch Mindhunter last night and I got an error message that the Apple TV wasn't hooked up with the Internet. As one of my only go-to's for when technology doesn't work, I restarted the Apple TV, but no luck. 

No connection. 

Of course my son and daughter are with their dad for the next few days. I knew my brother was in the midst of assessing student work. I was on my own. 

After a long exchange of texts from my thirteen-year-old son, including photos and a series of instructions, I finally got the Apple TV connected. (Seriously, when did my kid get so savvy with this?)  

Whew. 

Breathe, Trina.

It's fixed. 

I guess I now know a little bit more about how the Apple TV is set up.

No Network Error:/
Frustration level rises/
son texts instruction. 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! This is me at home. I always did fine at school, however. I’m “all watched over by machines of loving grace.” I’m not happy living life at the mercy of my tech. I ❤️ this haiku!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...