Monday, December 2, 2019

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #2: Christmas Cactus

For the last three years, I've intentionally spent time writing and sharing a Haiku-A-Day for the month of December. The first two years I exchanged a daily Haiku privately with willing friends, mostly through text and email. Last year I wrote and shared each Haiku on my blog. This year my goal is the same as last year: to pen and publish a daily Haiku on my blog throughout December. 

Ultimately, I've discovered that the practice of noticing and reflecting through writing a Haiku grounds me, provides with with a certain kind of peace, assists me with better practicing gratitude, and helps me better navigate this "hurry up" world. 

Haiku-A-Day December Challenge #2: 
Christmas Cactus

Not too long ago, I moved to a new place. In order to make my home more cozy, my mom shared some house plants with me. In the past, I haven't exactly done the best with house plants. I pretty much unintentionally kill them. I either under water or over water them or use the wrong kind of soil or place them in the wrong kind of lighting. But so far my plants have done okay. I haven't killed them...yet!

After recently marveling at my sister-in-law's healthy forty-year-old Christmas Cactus (one passed along to her by a great aunt), I was inspired to get out of my comfort zone and try to take care of one. So I bought a Christmas Cactus from a local nursery. It's only been a few days, but this plant is still beautiful. 


Rounded, scalloped leaves/
red bed succulent. Will it's/ 
beauty remain here? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Slice of Life Challenge #23: Day 31/31: March Coffee Date

F or the month of March, each day I am writing and posting  a slice of my life , hosted by  Two Writing Teachers .  Slice of Life Challenge ...